DMCA for The Distraction Network
The Distraction Network takes copyright infringement very seriously. To report abuse, harrassment, inappropriate content, or privacy complaints, please contact us immediately at:
If you require more information on copyright please consult with a legal advisor.
For brevity, we use the term “website” to mean the entire collection of websites part of the Distraction Network. For a full list of sites belonging to this network, please contact us. We use the term “file” to mean any file, picture, code, or text block on this website. Files used on this website are done so with permission or proper sourcing. Many files are licensed under a creative commons license and you are encouraged to research the different types of licenses available. Should you feel we are breaking the terms of the license of your particular file, please contact us as soon as possible to resolve this issue.
To file a copyright infringement notification with us, you will need to send a written communication to us with all of the following information in it, using the following format:
1. Include a statement telling us that you have found a file on The Distraction Network which you believe infringes your copyright (for example, “I hereby confirm that I believe the picture identified below infringes my copyright”).
2. Tell us which country (or countries) your copyright applies to.
3. Tell us the title of the file concerned and the full URL for its entry location page.
4. Explain to us how the file infringes your copyright.
5. Identify the type (e.g. an image) and details of (e.g. title, publisher, dates, etc.) the copyright work which you own the rights in, and which you believe has been infringed. If this information is available online please include a link.
6. Let us have contact information so that we can get in touch with you (email address is required).
7. Let us have the contact information which we can pass on to the submitter of the file concerned, so that they can get in touch with you to resolve your complaint directly.
8. Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted work described above is not authorised by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is not otherwise permitted by law.”
9. I swear that the information contained in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or have an exclusive right in law to bring infringement proceedings with respect to its use.
10. Sign the notice. If you are providing notice by e-mail, a scanned physical signature or a valid electronic signature is required.
Make sure you know whether the content that you have seen on The Distraction Network infringes your copyright. If you are not sure what your rights are, or whether your copyright has been infringed, you should check with a legal adviser first. Be aware that there may be adverse legal consequences in your country if you make a false or bad faith allegation of copyright infringement by using this process. You should never make false claims, ever!
Please also note that the information provided in this legal notice may be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content. Claimant information will be published on the The Distraction Network website in place of disabled content.