Terms of Service
The term ‘The Distraction Network’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘DN’ refers to the owner of the collection of websites belonging to the Distraction Network. The term ‘website’ refers to any one of the websites part of the Distraction Network. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
* The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
* Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
* Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
* This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
* All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
* Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
* From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
* Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America and Canada.
Submission of Content
DN does not produce any content. All content is produced by the users of the site.
By submitting content of any kind to this site (collectively, “Content”), you are confirming and agreeing to be bound by all of the following terms and provisions:
1. You are 18 years of age or older.
2. You are the sole author and owner of all rights in and to the Content (including words, images, sounds, etc.), and you are fully empowered to grant us the rights to use the Content as provided below without the knowledge, consent or approval of any third party.
3. You reserve all rights in the Content subject only to the rights licensed to us as set forth below.
4. You hereby grant to us the non-exclusive, royalty-free, and irrevocable right to (a) adapt, edit and generally use and exploit all and/or any portion of the Content, alone and/or in combination with other content of any and all kinds whatsoever; (b) create and exploit derivative works of any and all kinds based on and/or embodying the Content; (c) distribute, publish, sell, display, store, exhibit, transmit, perform, broadcast, and generally exploit any and/or all of the foregoing; (d) use your name, image and likeness in connection with any and/or all of the foregoing; and (e) authorize others to do so. The foregoing rights may be exercised by us and/or our licensees, successors and assigns, throughout the world, in perpetuity, in any and all languages, and in any and all media now known or hereafter devised.
5. You hereby represent and warrant to us and our licensees, successors and assigns that the Content does not and will not invade, impair and/or infringe the rights of, and/or otherwise injure or damage, any third party (including, by way of example only, under the laws of copyright, trademark, right of publicity, right of privacy, and/or defamation), and the use of the Content will not expose us to any expense, loss or liability of any kind whatsoever.
6. You waive any right to compensation of any kind or in any amount in connection with the use of the rights granted to us above.
7. The rights you have granted to us in the Content may be freely assigned or sublicensed by us to, and your representations and warranties will inure to the benefit of, our licensees, successors and assigns.
Right to Decline Content and Service
We do not undertake to review all content submitted to us, but we reserve the right to do so. We also reserve the right to decline and/or take down any content that we deem to inappropriate, and the right to deny access to any user who uses the site and/or any content in any manner that we deem to be inappropriate, all in our sole and absolute discretion. We also reserve the right to suspend, alter, or discontinue the operation of the site and/or access to the site at any time in our sole and absolute discretion.
Subject to the reservation of rights in Content by users as set forth above, the entire contents of this site are Copyright © 2011 by DN. All rights reserved. The trademarks, service marks, and trade dress displayed at this site are owned by DN. References and links to third-party sites are owned by the respective site-owners, and no sponsorship or endorsement by, or affiliation with, such third parties is claimed or suggested. Anyone found imitating the site or stealing content from the site will be liable to prosecution.
You agree to indemnify and hold DN harmless from any loss, liability, claims, damages and expenses, including attorneys fees, arising from or related to the content, use, or deletion of our files or use of any other feature or service.
By accepting this agreement you waive and hold harmless our company from any claims resulting from any action taken by DN during or as a result of its investigations and/or from any actions taken as a consequence of investigations by either DN or law enforcement authorities.